This year’s Big Picnic features a sculpture by Wendell Castle on exhibit for a limited time. We were inspired by Castle’s “10 Adopted Rules of Thumb” for our theme – Create Your Play.
- If you are in love with an idea, you are no judge of its beauty or value.
- It is difficult to see the whole picture when you are inside the frame.
- After learning the tricks of the trade, don’t think you know the trade.
- We see and apprehend what we already know.
- The dog that stays on the porch will find no bones.
- Never state a problem to yourself in the terms it was brought to you.
- If it’s offbeat or surprising then it’s probably useful.
- If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it.
- Don’t get too serious.
- If you hit the bullseye every time, then the target is probably too near.
Here is our updated process board and program sketches.