it’s april and I just finished my first book of 2021!!!
untamed by glennon doyle is the perfect mix of a memoir and self-help story. over a year ago a friend of mine posted a raving review of the book on instagram “EVERY WOMAN NEEDS TO READ THIS! LIFE CHANGING!” and I ended up ordering it soon after. you know, to read during our 2 week covid quarantine. (🤡🤡🤡)
I finally picked this book up about a month ago, and I wish I had read it sooner. glennon’s life story of strength, grace, wisdom, and femininity is extremely admirable and inspiring. chapter after chapter kept connecting the dots in my mind. I’m pleasantly surprised to finish this book with a different mindset than I started with. one that honors the truest, most authentic version of myself.
I hope to soon discover my deep inner knowing & follow its light. this one definitely deserves some time to soak in, and then a re-read. for now here are a few nuggets to remember.
1. we can do hard things !!!
2. trust and listen to your inner knowing
3. feel all the feelings, sit with them
4. “the braver I am, the luckier I get”
5. “when a woman finally learns that pleasing the world is impossible, she becomes free to learn how to please herself”